Monday, July 09, 2007

More than meets the eye!

I saw Transformers (the new Michael Bay flick) this weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a straight-forward action movie with lots of explosions. Exactly what a summer blockbuster should be. But what gets me is the fact that people are saying that it's a "mindless, summer movie."

Just because it has a straight-forward story that people can follow makes it mindless? That's bull. A conviluted story doesn't make it good. A sudden, unexpected (and inconceivable) twist at the end doesn't make something Oscar-worthy. Transformers has a good story, plenty of action, and even some sweet, sweet lovin'.

Oh, and Optimus Prime says "My bad." How can you not love that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Dude I have got to see that movie!!

July 11, 2007 at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home