Thursday, May 03, 2007

The New Apple iphone


I am a gadget freak. I love all sorts of gadgets and I will get my hands on them whenever I possibly can. When I first heard about Apples new trendy iphone, I couldn't stop drooling. It provides a variety of features like the, nowadays, standard mp3 player and video player. It also boasts of a version of OSX, Email via Yahoo mail, and tons of other features too numerous to list here.

Now after researching on the iphone I'm not so sure I am all that excited anymore. For a price of around $600 it lacks on other features that many other cellular providers offer. First I have heard that the battery doesn't last for more than five hours if you plan on watching video and listening to music. Five hours! It also has no GPS system, which is a growing popularity for new phones today. The touch screen seems at first to be a very cool feature for the iphone but is very clumsy and hard to navigate.



Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer had some things to say about the new iphone:




"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance. It's a $500 subsidized item. They may make a lot of money. But if you actually take a look at the 1.3 billion phones that get sold, I'd prefer to have our software in 60% or 70% or 80% of them, than I would to have 2% or 3%, which is what Apple might get."


All in all I am usually the kind of person who doesn't follow what critics say and I just try everything for myself. I would love to get my hands on the iphone, but alas, I am not a rich man. A price of around $600 is just too expensive for my blood. I think I will just wait until someone I know gets one then I will give it a spin. There are other gadgets out there for me to play with for now.

You can take a look at the iphone and demos of everything it can do here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home